Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

For Gaying

April 17, 2014


Dear Gaying,


I miss you so much. I haven’t seen you for almost 12 hours now and my heart is grieving to see your smile. I miss your sweet voice. I miss your gentleness. I miss how you say my name. And I could never forget how you told me to stay in the camp and be with you. I wish I could stay a little longer, but I have other promises to keep, too. I have to go home. But as I’ve promised, I will be back. Perhaps I’d be there on your birthday, or even better, during the Feast of Ruach HaKodesh. May Elohim hear the desires of my heart.


You see, you remind me of myself. When you told me you loved to read and draw, I just knew you were special to me. I just knew I could feel your heart just then. I just knew. Do you remember the talk we had when we watched the fireflies playing around the trees? You asked me if I preferred loud or peaceful places. Then we ended up singing “Lead Me Lord” and talking about your beautiful gift from Elohim. Sigh. That was too beautiful to be ever thought of forgetting.

I’ve been crying ever since I came back home, Gaying. My spirit longs to be with you there. Coming back to the world only has reminded me that I do not belong here at all. I hate the discreet selfishness in just about everything. I have already been used to your sweet voices there, and now, the nagging noises in Iligan that I have been used to before seem a whole lot strange to me. If only you were just a three-minute walk away, I’d be there in a flash to hug you, and talk with you.

I’ll try my best to not be sad for a long time over our departure, so please promise me you’d smile too. Always remember that we will be back, in His time. Do not forget us. Do not forget our moments of victory. Always remember Ate Allen and Ate Annie, who you thought to be already 30 and 28. Always remember Ate Aimae’s loud laughter and beautiful tambourine dancing. Maybe she’ll teach you to dance for Abba YHWH’s glory, too if you’d like. Always remember Kuya Kenmore for making you laugh all the time. Do not forget his dirty slippers nor his dancing. And, always remember Ate Aine.  Remember our conversations and our shared love for using Elohim’s gift of knowledge for His glory. You are still young, Gaying, but I do know that our Elohim has already set you apart for His kingdom to come.

The lump on my throat while writing this letter makes no plans of disappearing just yet. But I’ll leave the rest of what I’d like to say, for my future visit to the camp. I miss you, Gaying: Abegayel of Rabbani Yahshua ha Mashiyach. I pray to see you soon.


The Lord, Rabbani Yahshua, keep you and bless you. The Lord make His face shine upon you.


Love,

Ate Aine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)