Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

On Being Myopic

Sigh. If there's something  much worse than being myopic, it's being spiritual myopic: It's when it's right there in front of you, but you can barely see it. It's not being able to see what's coming unless it's already smacked right at your face. Sorry, that was a bit violent, but you do get the point.




I don't know what to write exactly. This, I guess, would just fall into my rambling category, being just a spontaneous rush of thoughts. I don't think I want to waste a good philosophy or something of the sort. I was just reading John Green's An Abundance of Katherines when I came across this thought: sometimes, you can be too "smart", yet end up being too myopic to even recognize what's right in front of you.


What is this that I have trouble accepting?


Is it the fact that I could never experience it?

Or is it the fact that it is something that might be given, but not just yet?

Even people's ideas mess up with yours and God's, it drives me nuts whenever I give it a chance. Even spiritual sisters say things that differ from each other. One says this, and one says that, you wouldn't have a chance to think it over for yourself before another "advice" is offered. Okay. Maybe those weren't advices. Maybe they were opinions. Really, I'm not sure about anything about it right now, I've resorted to just not telling anyone things unless I want things to get mixed up and confusing again. Because honestly, being a girl who sometimes could not shut her mouth up, things not supposed to be spoken just slip out of my mouth unrealized. Oh, what am I saying. I have to get tips for story-telling now from Freitag. :/



Anyway, maybe I was too soaked up with my what ifs. Sometimes I just want to give myself a big shove into reality once more. And sometimes, I just literally slap my face just to wake me up from such a lousy fantasy even the Grimms brothers wouldn't believe in. Sigh. Oh, self. You need to pickup that spiritual glasses right in front of you. :)

1 comment:

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)