Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

That Inner Struggle


The sting of loneliness makes no signs of moving towards that deep pit it had crawled from. I know. It would be too easy to say that all I have to do is focus on the Lord. But when you're in a big city, with no definite church and ministry yet, you begin to ponder on your singularity. You begin to ponder on the eerie space around you. You begin to think about how lovely it must be to have a permanent companion who could throw jokes at you, walk with you, and rescue you from the predating dull moments.


A few offers of companionship slyly make their way to me. And having been in conservative groups for the most of my life, these offers splash all over me so differently. Especially this one. It's not that I was entirely repelling it. No. In fact, it seems interesting enough. Although this thing seems too different from back home, it's ironic how I had experienced this chivalry only here. Here, in this supposedly insensitive, liberated city. Sometimes I catch myself shaking my head when I recall how more of a lady I am being treated here. In all honesty, I like it. But that...becomes a struggle in itself. Because I liked how it felt. Consequently, there are little things I have compromised and tolerated just to keep that chivalry and companionship. Whenever the air becomes static and the gospel whispers to be told, I hold my tongue. Not because I didn't want to, but it gets too overwhelmingly frightening to sow the Seed on cement-hard soil. Or maybe I'm only making excuses. I just have to be honest here, confess, and spill out the darkened oil in the jar. I didn't want to keep burning with cheap oil in the lamp in Elohim's presence.


I have been told (as if I didn't know already), that I have trouble explaining things, especially when emotions are swell in size, so I do not think I am able to describe this thoroughly. But one thing's clear. This struggle is still here, and I choose to confess because I do not want to pretend everything's alright. I do not want to act as if I am perfectly attack-proof. Because I'm not.


Earlier, I had a conference call with Aimae and Kuya Adyng. But although I was not able to tell them everything about this struggle, I'm glad I got to hear theirs. And with that, my hope in Rabbani Yeshua surged in again. We are still running, He says. But going to the darkening side or to the perpetual brightness, is a choice I had to make.


1 comment:

  1. Stay strong Dudette!
    We are in a place that influence is filled with sweetly scented perfume but deep inside it is not!

    Our main response is to keep our distance. Have it, but not too far, just be close enough so that you'll be the sweetly scented influence with pure nutella-coated chocolate balls inside :3

    Influence and how they see you, and that is what makes people soft.
    Even the hardest concrete will not last song under a burning sun - it melts! hoho :D

    It takes time, yes, but opportunities will come! Just show them who you are.
    Smile, wave and greet but never forgetting were that smile comes from ^_^
    We are not called to do all things "pina-tibo"

    Hadlok, but that makes us stronger! :D

    I have made compromiseS (kung pwede i -eses para super plural!), but realizing that compromise is a sign that i know i made a mistake. Praying, praying, praying for strength not to do it again. Asking prayers from people - people that have the same exp. when they stepped in this place. Sinners, compromise-ers, praying together, w/c I am sure is a delightful site that God is happy about.

    Christian character is shaped less by dramatic decisions,
    but by the cumulative small simple acts of obedience :D

    Aja sis bomba! XD

    I don't know how to end this, but I just want to say that you are strong as you think you are Aine
    your influence is a great sight to see :)

    God bless you Miss K-A-C

    DISCLAIMER: Sorry for the grammatical errors, and words that I made up haha xD

    ReplyDelete

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)