Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Letter to the Unbroken Spirit





But there was a wall trying to get in the way between you and me.
A guarded thick thing I said I'd break.
Although in the end, I haven't even grazed you. And I don't think I ever will.
That smug look you threw each I time I said I was coming in.
As if you liked it. As if you knew you'd run away again anyway.
In spite of me.
And that thick thing that stood between us still stood.
Prouder than ever.
A haughty stance, gleaming with a nasty air of arrogance.
Keeping you away.
Keeping me out.
Keeping us from killing each other, you said.
Although, I thought, what if vines that meet never really strangle each other?
What if the wrappings are a cling,
while they snake their way to the sunlight -
a cry for love and a hope of redemption?
I thought but didn't say,
so the wall still stood.
It stood there until I forgot your face.
Until I forgot your eyes.
Until I forgot you.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)