Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Drawing a Line and Stepping out



One of the things I've noticed with Christian blogs nowadays is their discretion in their writings, I think which also is because of the subconscious desire to not pull threads. As the 21st century dawned, these also had become mere works of morals that could be generalized and could be accepted by the "world" as secular and not really deeply "spiritual". With the emerging religions and different denominations, works by "Christians" now tend to play safe, with the vision of uniting the different beliefs in mind, disregarding the matters that kept them apart, and which also happen to be vital. People think that as long as the faith is "similar", nothing could go wrong. Slowly, and dangerously, these "Christians" subconsciously agreed that as long as they have Jesus in their doctrines, the rest didn't matter. The thing is, only Jesus' name was included. His teachings, however, were vague and had been debated for centuries by different sects. How, then, are we able to follow Him if we do not even know what they are?


"Am I to add these posts to the long list of shallow writings?"

This was the question that have been running in my mind since early this afternoon. Turns out, the effect that I had been giving off through these posts were only to encourage the few readers that I have, no matter what faith they have. I had been reminded of how the Christians of the Acts preached with great courage, not minding how the preachings greatly contradicted the audience's former faith. I had been reminded of how they had yelled out to the world that the way to life was not gods made out of stone or wood. I had been reminded of how they never hesitated in talking about Jesus as the only way to heaven, that not even his "earthly mother" is capable of interceding for us.


Why is it so difficult now? Most Christians in this generation try so hard to "please others" or "not hurt others' feelings" by only breaking the truth gently to them and unconsciously prolonging the lie others had faithfully clung to. And as bad as it sounds, I know I'm one of them. I'm one of those who try to sound like a bridge of faiths. I'm one of those who fear the thought of directly rebuking other "Christians". Being in this age, I know I'm not the only one. But I shouldn't remain one, either. We were not called to be phlegmatic Christians who follow as the others please.


More heavy posts to follow, regardless of what my readers and future readers would think. If I please God, it does not matter who I displease. But if I do displease God, it does not matter who I please. I pray that the Lord would indeed use this blog in shedding light to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)