Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dealing with Betrayal

Why, hello.

I feel like crying or throwing things out the window right now, but I know it would be useless because nothing would change anyway. Why do the people that choose to hurt you are the ones you thought would be the closest to you? Why would they try to find faults in you when you did nothing but try to be a good friend? I am a good friend, aren't I? But things happen.

I thought we were okay already. I thought that casual talk at the beach reconciled us both and renewed our friendship. I thought everything is going to be fine now. I thought I had chosen a friend. Yes, big word.

The sad part was, we both carried the name "Christian". How could two Christians end up like this? Is this even possible? Could two Christians be friends with God but not with each other? It hurts. Whose side had been at fault? Or was it just fated to happen?


I have no idea how this came to be. There first was a misunderstanding (over a guy - could you believe that?), yes, but the Lord convicted me to make the first move to glue us back together again. It was then smooth...for a while. Friends had witnessed how relaxed we had acted towards each other, and I felt that too! I felt that finally, I had forgiven, and everything was back on the tracks once more. Turns out, it wasn't over yet...at least not for her.


She was angrier, more aggressively cynical this time, and thought poorly of me (which her best friend readily and openly agreed over Facebook), though I have no idea why. We weren't even seeing each other often now! In my head was a screaming monologue: "Now what happened this time?! I'm getting tired of this."

ACTUALLY. I still do not know what will happen after this. Only the Lord knows. He knows I did nothing like what she imagines I did. He knows the pain. He knows how to finish this. That, I have to wait for. Although painfully, I must do it patiently. Jesus was as falsely accused as I had been, but like a sheep to be slaughtered, He said no words to defend Himself. I truly must learn from this.

I rest my case...in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)