Pages

Monday, March 29, 2021

Romanticizing the past and daydreaming about the future ☁️




Ever since my last post, I've been battling against my feelings of yearning for the past — the good old days, as I'd like to call them sometimes.


Of course, I am in a different stage in my life right now. I am a different person and I now have different hopes and concerns. A different set of friends and family, for sure. And yet, I still find myself looking back, as if the present is not good enough for me. But it is. It truly is. And it's even more than what I had hoped for. I know this could come off as being ungrateful, but no matter how hard I try, a part of me misses what used to be when my family was still complete and I still had all my friends.

It's funny, isn't it?

Sometimes we over-romanticize the past and daydream about the future, not realizing that the present is just as good. That if we don't pay attention to it, it will be just another memory of the past that we would wish we could come back to.

How do I even shed this off when so much of my identity is anchored on the past?

What do I do so I don't lose sight of the present where God is too?


P.S. I tried deleting all my social media apps (although I still go to Facebook on my computer to check on messages), to test if it could cure my regrets and insecurities. So far I feel nothing but this nagging desire to share a photo I took earlier. I don't know how long these whirlwind of emotions will last, to be honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)