Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Cluttered Bed, Lightened Burden

Finally, I had gotten some time off from school work. Actually, I still have a couple of papers to write, and a thesis proposal to defend, but not writing anything on my blog feels worse than not writing anything at all. The Lord had been faithful to me the past week, waking me up at just the right time (usually at dawn) whenever I accidentally fall asleep in the middle of my paper works. That happened last night. I accidentally fell asleep because I work on my bed all the time; if you could see my bed, it's actually cluttered with sheets of papers, notebooks, stuffed toys, fiction and non-fiction books, and my phone and laptop. Sometimes my mom comes in and starts talking about how my bed doesn't look like a lady's. Despite mild scoldings, I actually like how it currently looks like, though I keep it to myself. It gives me the feels of being a geek. It reminds me of the joys of being an English major. It reminds me that I was meant to be in a cluttered work space - with cluttered ideas and inspiration that come to me from every corner of the atmosphere.


Unusually, my eyes fluttered open at 5AM this morning (I normally wake up half past 8 during normal days). "Gah, my thesis paper and lesson plan!" my mind was yelling at me. On normal days, I'd probably stare at my computer screen and be unproductive until the once jet black sky transforms to mysterious blue. This morning though, I had never worked so fast. It basically took me less than an hour to tailor a lesson plan for our TESL App class. It was almost magic, like things slow down and you're in a fast forward motion. I had also finally completely revised my thesis proposal at noon. It still comes to me as a miracle whenever the Lord generously sprinkles me with His wisdom, as if I deserved it when in fact I don't. Until this moment, I still could not comprehend how close I am to the academic finish line! Years from now, I know I'd look back, remember how I'd cried underneath the pressure of education, and praise the Lord for the strength, wisdom, and deliverance.


There is still quite a long way to go, but at least the weight of the pains of it is not as terrible as last week's. There are a lot more things to thank the Lord for, too. However, I think I am much more psyched on setting the others apart for separate, and much better posts. I'm working on a new one right now, so I'd probably post it in 24 hours or so.

xoxo,
A


P.S.
My bed almost exactly looks like this, since last week. Honestly, it's way messier, but I do sleep with opened books and opened gadgets. -.- I was thinking of posting an actual photo, but I still have a lot to do, and a lot more blog entries to post, so maybe next time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)