Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

To a Fellow Princess ♕

Dear Ena,


I almost forgot, to tell you the truth. Time for me had apparently been in a frenzy ever since October started. But know that despite almost forgetting, the memories of you in me would remain, like an aged Polaroid pasted on an equally aged wall.



You were that pretty sophomore who greeted me right outside the CON Hall on that Freshmen Nite Out last June 2010. I was a frosh that time and I barely knew anyone from YA, yet there you were, ready to be my first ate in church.

"Ako diay si Ate Ena," you told me in your usual sweet voice. Both your hands were clasped together tightly, and you graciously swooned towards me, half-skipping in all girlishness. All I remembered was the red ribbon on your head, and your floral scent.



There were a lot of memories made after that, and I know you remember, because you're that kind of girl. You're the kind of girl who goes to bed and spends a few more hours recalling the details of events. You're the kind of girl who takes out an ordinary rush of events and coats it with affection, as if the park were a flower garden, and as if rocks were something more.




Starting college as a girly girl had been so much easier with you and Ate Elay around. You were the sisters I never had. Don't you find it funny how the trials Ate Elay went through that you eventually went through, too, had also been passed down to me? It was like that. It was as if a connecting cord had been stitched through our souls all this time.

Now that we're miles apart, I'd still like to believe that the cord that had connected the three of us has not yet dissolved, and that sooner or later it'd have to tighten in distance and bring us together on a girly date again. I'd like to hope that when God would allow that to happen, we'd resume to our mini-food spree and substantial girl talks, mindful of His work in us, His princesses. I know the two of you also believe we'd never be too old for the princess talks. After all, we still are.



I admire the strength in you no matter how frail you look like. I may no longer be there to hear your stories, En, but you're still in my prayers. Do not ever forget that your sister's still here with the other end of the cord. We will see each other soon, En. We will. 


Happy birthday, Princess! May the Lord continue to shape you inside out into the kind of woman He wants you to become. You are not an earthly princess, Ena Fabe; you know you are set apart. Being set apart means being different and separated from the rest (as Christ is in you), thus comparing your story with anybody's would be pointless and utterly foolish. Remember that you are still on the race, and the Lord wants you to seek Him above all things. Continue being a blessing, En, as you grow and blossom in the Lord, for the most beautiful flowers are planted and grown on the best soil.

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11

This is only but a small piece of the entirety of my gratefulness for having known you, En. I miss you so so much. 



Aine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)