Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Something I said I'd share

Which writer created the biggest impact in your life? How is he/she set apart from others?


Life is too short. Life is too fragile. Somebody said that life is just a vapor in this earth. It quickly disappears as if it, life, had never been there. But as delicate as it may seem, I had believed with all my heart since I was a little girl that it, too, is just as soft and as easy to mold as the clay the potters spin and shape. My life is no exception. In fact, I had never met anybody who is as easily influenced as I am. Yes, I admit I am stubborn in my own little ways, but I could not deny the fact that even the slightest things in life such as a literary work could push my whole being into an invisible portal. Thus, the change. Thus, my present self.



He is popularly known as King David. For the people who knew his past, they sometimes call him David, the little shepherd boy who struck the giant Goliath dead with a tiny pebble. He had defeated and conquered thousands of nations. He had led a whole kingdom into prosperity. He was revered. He was praised. He was a man after the Lord's heart. King David, for most, had been a king of great power who held a sharp sword on his right hand, and the whole kingdom on the other. For me, though, it was different. All my life he had appeared at the back of my mind as a man holding a pen and a harp. It is no surprise I had pictured him this way. After all, it was not his strength that made me adore him, but his weaknesses that he had humbly spilled on his psalms. He was a writer. He was the writer who shook my whole life hard. It was his works that had allowed my soul to be broken. And it was his works that allowed my soul to be perfected.

David might had not been able to come up with a beautiful novel or had published a best-selling book, but he had touched my life more than the rest of the brilliant writers did. If the writers of today had ingeniously made a new world for the readers to escape to, David wrote about reality. He wrote about life. He wrote about the truth. He wrote about God, and how He holds our lives no matter what circumstance we are in. Just like David, I had also been on the rocks. I had walked through the valley of death, though never alone. Just like David, I had never been alone. David was was the writer who seemed to be every Christian's twin in spirit. Whatever he wrote seemed to exactly what I am also going through at the moment. How incredible is that?

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters."

Unlike the writers who just included the truth and dirt about society in their works, David wrote about "the" solution. Although he sometimes cries about the hardships and achings of life,  light was still evident in his writings and it was never hidden. It was presented like a lighthouse on the shore, and like the brightest candle in the darkest room. And whenever I feel like giving up on the things this life throws at me, David's psalms calm me down and encourage me to stand up once again, turn my face towards the light, and abandon the shadows. If that's not what you call "impact", I do not know what that is.



Clay dries up easily. So does my life could end in just a blink of an eye. This is probably why the world does its best to hurl thousands of things at me with the intention of molding me as badly as possible. Yes. I am still a clay on the wheel. The Potter's hands are still shaping me to perfection. Thankfully, God had placed David in my life and had used him and his works to help shape me the way He wants me to be shaped. He was the writer who I'd gladly say had helped me be who I am right now. And if asked again about the writer who created the greatest impact in my life, I'd still choose David over and over again.






End.

That was the I-don't-know-what-to-say essay I had submitted a week ago. It's not exactly how I would want it to be written, honestly, but I had no time left. I even deleted a whole paragraph just so I could pass the essay on time. :( It's not the best I've written, I know, but it's the one that I had searched deep for, and the one I had prayed to the Lord for, so I believe this is something worth sharing. Thanks for reading. Check out my previous posts if you haven't yet. Ciao, Aine. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)