Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

A Sunset Change

Things change when the things that were once hidden from you are now in large, bold letters before your eyes. Things change when you see the difference that was never shown before. Things change when the sun sets but you know it's just starting.

Okay. I'm blabbering.

Yesterday, I had my hair cut short. I thought I needed a hair revamp. Little did I know, there were little irrelevant things in my life that felt like they were part of my hair - they wanted change too. I didn't want to, but I knew I had to. The Lord knows how troubled I was (for a while, anyway), but what could I say, He, Who is in control of everything, is setting things in their rightful places, just as He had promised. A tiny splinter, at last, is being pulled out from my chest.




Sometimes, I think sunsets could be deceiving moments. It might be beautiful for a few minutes, but you just know it would be getting darker. Sometimes, even, the stars refuse to shine, and you'd begin to feel cold and alone. Worse is when insomnia kicks in and you become restless and anxious. Dawn, though, would be breaking soon and everything would be crystal clear as soon the sun rises again. I just know. Because it just would be. I am holding on to His promises. Sunrises are just as beautiful as sunsets, they say. The only difference is that sunrises have a brighter promise. The problem we, humans, usually have, though, is that most of the time, we fail to wake up to see it. (Oh, the metaphor is just brilliant, says moi.)



P.S. It's weird how my post title sounds a lot like a beauty vlog like Michelle Phan's. Or maybe it's just me and my random thoughts working. ._______. Hey, what a coinky-dinky! I spotted this short prayer at the bottom right corner of my page just after I published this entry, and I knew I just had to include it here. Thanks, Lord. :)

"Renew my spirit when the morning breaks and let me look forward to a day of blessing and of peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)