Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Changing the View


"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of His robe filled the temple." Isaiah 6:1


It may be earthly glory that keeps us away. It may be material things that cloud our eyes. Thus, the failure to marvel on the One that truly mattered - the One behind everything beautiful in life.

Isaiah, on this passage, was mourning for the loss of one of Judah's great kings. He thought Uzziah was a hero. But just as he thought they lost someone great, his eyes were opened. And something much more incredible happened. He saw the glory of God. In the midst of Isaiah's sorrow his eyes were lifted up and he saw the Lord. It might had taken the death of someone great to be able to look at someone even greater.



How about us? What are the things that are filling our vision?

Yesterday was a day of loss but greater gain. Yes. The one thing that I had taken pride on for quite some time had been taken away from me. Of course that thing was not out of my capabilities. I knew. It was just a blessing. Somehow, though, I let it get through my head. It's what they say: The bigger they are, the harder they fall. I sensed it coming. Now that I'm back to zero, and everything is practically wiped out, it became much clearer. It had to be knocked out so that I could see the Lord better. That it is He Who matters. And it is He Who I should show the nations, not the earthly glory that fades like mist.


The Lord told me that I had to change the view, just like how we put wipers on our cars' windshields for a better view of the road we're on.


Today we may be experiencing trouble and sorrow in our life. We may have a great heartache. But in the midst of it right now God wants us to lift our eyes and see Him.


There was once a man whose eyes had been blinded for a long time. He underwent surgery in an attempt to restore his eyesight. When the bandages were being removed, it was evident that he would be able to see. He said, "Have the surgeon right here by my side. The first one I want to see is the one who has restored sight to my eyes."


How about us? What is filling our vision today? The things of the earth? Or the Lord? May a new vision of God Himself be ours today.


XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Yeah..so true
    anddd yeah,it can be confusing if things (even people) that are dear to us are suddenly gone, even weird sometimes why it happened. It's a hard loss, but if we look at it again, it might be..it IS a great gain :)

    Q-n-Q
    "Yesterday was a day of loss but greater gain."

    Yeah, another thing that makes Him awesome. Even in loss, there is gain, even greater than the thing(s) we lost. It might not be of the same kind, but you can be assured, if you cling to him, it is of greater value :))

    ReplyDelete

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)