Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gaano Ba Kalalim ang Buntong Hininga?

A somewhat brief post because I care about your eyes. Prescription glasses are so expensive nowadays. :D



The most truthful things in life are the ones left unsaid. With occurrences like this, listening takes a backseat, you learn to watch, reflect, then understand.



There are more than a couple of times when I realize I have to take a moment to detach myself for a while from the overwhelming things life hurls at me and just heave a sigh. I like my entry title. As much as I find myself awkward speaking or writing in Tagalog, I have to admit that there are certain things that could only be emphasized and brought to life when said in a certain language. For this post, I have especially chosen Tagalog (Okay, fine,"Filipino" for Pinoy language enthusiasts) simply because it sounded much heavier than when written in plain English. Speaking of the heaviness of words, I find sighs much heavier than any string of words combined. Sighs, to simply put it, are manifestations of the thoughts in the deepest realm for your thinking that you just can't manage to spit out. And the deeper your sighs get, the more jammed your thoughts seem to be, and the more words you seem to be holding back.



Maybe a few people noticed that I sigh quite a lot recently. I sigh when I'm tired, when I'm amazed, when I'm disappointed, when I'm satisfied, when I'm relieved, when I'm nervous, when I'm excited, or when I'm just overwhelmed with happiness. Even if I had never heard anybody say this before, I believe the sigh is a cousin of paintings - it speaks a thousand words. Thinking about it, I wonder why there aren't a lot of people who take a second look at sighs. People seem to regard them as annoying and thought-provoking. They're beautiful, really. In fact, I saw this wedding video recently where the groom, who couldn't contain his extreme joy, heaved sighs a million times before the wedding started, as if he were deflating himself of this unexplainable feeling he'd probably experience only once in his lifetime, otherwise he'd burst. And I don't know if it's his breath that he let go through his sighs, but it was actually contagious, I was practically grinning from ear to ear throughout the video.


Sighs are only a few of my secret languages. Although I do not mean to, my sighs tend to mean a lot more than what I am actually saying. They reflect the condition of my heart at the moment. They are extensions to human communication, as barbaric the people say sighs sound. They are the manifestations of the things I have decided to be kept to myself and the Lord.



I promised to keep this entry short, so I'm going to stop here. I was originally planning to write something deep in Filipino in this post but I sounded way too corny so I hesitated and ended up deleting the few lines I had managed to stitch together. Maybe one day, though, I could bring myself to be brave enough to write a whole blog entry in Filipino. I'm not exactly sure if this still qualifies for a brief entry. Sorry, people. I really have to hit the sack now. TTFN.

xx, Aine.



P.S.

SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)