Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hazy Days

Sembreak didn't mean I had all the time in the world to update my blog. Ironically, vacation days prove to be the days I spend the least hours in front of my computer, being in a family that just can't stay in one place. And because I had been out for ages, and I had just been enrolled for the second semester (hurray), I was compelled to do a random entry to keep this blog from being dormant.

(Clears throat)







"Where had you been?"

After mustering all the courage she needed, Alyssa walked up to Joash who was busy playing with his new guitar. Joash blinked, looked up at her, and resumed to strumming a couple of strings. He had seemed distant for days, but Alyssa just couldn't be so sure. She wanted to know what it was that seemed to be pulling everything apart. She wanted to know why, all of a sudden, it vanished. For what seemed like forever, she stared at Joash who was trying his best to avoid her eyes. If there was guilt in his eyes, Alyssa couldn't see it clearly. It was the longest minute they had ever gone through and all they heard was the tuning of Joash's guitar strings and their own heartbeat. Patience, Alyssa noticed, suddenly seemed to be the most difficult word.


"Joash," she continued, "You've been missing. Didn't you say you wouldn't go?"


He stood up and gently placed the guitar in the case. Running his fingers through his hair, he hesitated but answered anyway. "I was just...here. You've been seeing me everyday, what are you talking about?"


It was Alyssa's turn to pause and sigh. "That was not what I meant. I know you know that."


Joash offered her a sad smile before walking away. She wanted to pull him back and shake him until he'd explain, but she had no courage left. All she had left was just an empty well, she couldn't even see the bottom. It was useless to run after him. Now, she was left standing at the corner like nothing has ever happened. She wanted to kick herself for even talking to him.


"Wow. I never knew promises were short-lived and conditional," Alyssa mumbled before smiling bitterly at herself.










Haha. I have no idea why I decided to write this thing. Maybe I just missed writing, or I just wanted to say something left unsaid but eventually decided to mask it anyway in the vaguest way as possible. Ang gulo lang. LOL. I think I'm too hyped up today. Am I? I thought I abstained from caffeine. Oh well, I'm officially enrolled, and there's no better reason than that. When there is victory through Christ, there is joy. Praise the Lord. :) Hazy days shall pass.

2 comments:

  1. "Running his fingers through his hair" .. hahahaha. the classic move. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yeah. IDK why, but I love that move they make. HAHAHA. Ugh, that confession's embarrassing. :p

    ReplyDelete

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)