Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Before I Turn Nineteen



This is my last night as an eighteen-year-old! Hurray! Toss the confetti and strike the gongs! Haha.

I was thinking of something fun to do while waiting for midnight (which had been a romanticized tradition), so there we were with my sisters, sprawled on their bed, having our own session of photo shoot. Being too tired to set up a DSLR camera in the room, we decided to use our mom's iPad instead. It was, after all, just a fun shoot to kill the time. So brace yourselves for a ton of photos of me and my sisters I'd shamelessly display on this blog. These are unedited, by the way. I'm catching up with the time, you see; it's almost midnight.






This is my pretty sister, Kaye. She's four years younger than I am, so that makes her 14, turning 15. I did her make up, but unfortunately we didn't manage to take a decent photo. In fact, I'm posting a lot of selfies here as they were the only ones that seem to work. Haha. This is what you get when you compromise on camera quality. But hello, it was almost midnight anyway.







And this is my other pretty sister, Anne. She just turned 11 a week ago. Despite her fascination for games for the guys, she was more thrilled than any of us when she knew I was going to put make up on her.








And this is me. I know, these are just selfies. But I couldn't do anything with the horrible lighting. Haha. Maybe soon, I'd have a more formal shoot with these girls. Actually, I was supposed to have a pre-birthday shoot a while ago, but my dad was too busy with a documentary film he's working on. And it was raining hard. So this happened.


This had been fun, but I really have to wash my face now. I still have a ton of make up on, and after having denied makeup since a couple of months ago, my face seems to have forgotten now how it feels like on my skin. Plus my eyes are getting dry as I still have my contacts on. Besides, it is almost midnight. The Lord and I still have a date, so...good night, loves! See you when I've turned 19! :))








P.S. I'm supposed to write something deeper tonight. And I shall, but only after the talk I'd be having with the Lord in a few. I know I used to be emotional at nights like this. And I will be...again. But not until I get this posted. There is a time for everything. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are okay for just an iPad photo shoot. :)

    For something to ponder upon, you will only have about 300 days of being a teenager. It will be tough..

    You will find out that people will judge you more often from almost every aspect of your life,
    "you're not a child anymore, don't act like one"
    "why are you dressed like that?"
    "watch your mouth!"
    and many more.

    But of course, you can do things whatever you want, you do not have to care what other people think, It may be tough, but you do not have to live the way others think you should live it. There are no standards in life. Really. Just make sure that you treasure every moment out of it. Because despite what most people believe to be a transition to adulthood, is just another year to live life to the fullest.

    Have a good one.

    Pic for reference. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnw2cf87c61qa1ryyo1_500.png

    ReplyDelete

Comment and contribute to world peace! :)